Food for us - one of the brightest sourcespleasure. A fun and enjoy the fact to want again and again to get it. That is what makes us a snack at any opportunity, there are many, there is everything.
Most of us have long forgotten what real hunger, we become emotionally dependent on food.
How to distinguish a real sense of hunger from emotional dependency?
What is the physiological and emotional hunger?
1. The feeling of hunger appears only when our stomach is completely empty. Emotional hunger is totally dependent on this. It may sometimes even immediately after a meal.
2. This physiological hunger occurs almost always at regular intervals. Emotional hunger overtakes us suddenly and haphazardly.
3. If we are hungry for real, we eat all that we offer. In the case of emotional hunger, we will want to only some specific products, for example, chocolate, pizza, ice cream ...
4. Emotional hunger can usually endure, and physical hunger demands the immediate absorption of food.
5. If we eat because the hungry, we stop there, once filled. When the emotional hunger, we can continue to eat even when filled.
6. "Emotional" overeating often leaves a sense of guilt -.. For the amount eaten, its cost, its own weight, etc. The usual hunger leaves only a sense of satisfaction.
7. The process of quench this hunger comes quickly - in about 7 minutes after the decision. When the emotional hunger quenching process may take a longer time.
8. With this hunger often want the most simple food: bread, cereal, a glass of milk ... When the emotional hunger - food, which was preparing for a long time, for a relatively complex recipes (such as cake, sausages). Remember the facts of history: people are always hungry and never asked for bread - sausage.
How to deal with emotional dependence on food?
With emotional overeating can and must be fought. Typically, it is difficult to just the first two weeks. Then the body will start to get used to.
1. First of all, learn to know your physiological hunger.
2. Keep a food diary, which carefully records the time and the amount of food eaten.
3. Develop your diet and stick to it strictly. Ruthlessly suppress all attempts to have a meal out of schedule.
4. Distract yourself from the constant thoughts about a snack: a walk, chat with friends, go to the movies, listen to music, get them, arrange general cleaning, sit on the Internet, throw too much out of the closet, disassemble photos ...
5. If you have a desire to pounce on something harmful - promise yourself to do it, but only after three "healthy" products. For example, before the coveted chocolate eat an apple, carrots, yogurt. Typically, such a large number of "healthy" food is enough to satisfy the hunger now, if you had one. To cope with the craving for chocolate bar will be easier.
6. Good help to cope with the emotional dependence on food fasting and fasting days.
7. Healthy sleep - absolutely necessary condition in order to stop being "emotional" eater. Studies have shown that sleep disorders can increase the sense of hunger by reducing the level of leptin - a hormone that regulates appetite and signal the brain about fullness.
8. Fight stress. It is in a state of stress, people often lose control over eating. Stressful conditions are characterized by an increase in the amount of cortisol - a stress hormone. The increased amount of cortisol in the blood is the physiological need for salt and sweet foods.
9. Make your life richer and more colorful: because very often we compensate food "greyness" of our lives, we replace the human interaction, the lack of complementary emotions.