What do we mean by a salad, if we exclude thea mixture of vegetables and fruit, tucked sour cream, mayonnaise, butter? That's right, zelёnenkuyu grass. And the grass is very different. Let's talk today about watercress, which is available to all.
If desired, it can be grown in any soil, inin any home and even the pot on a plate with a wet cotton wool. After two to three weeks after sowing, it is already possible to have, and use for cosmetic purposes.
And it is plain plant has millennia of history, because, although it is considered the birthplace of Iran, it was grown and the ancient Greeks and Romans, and Egyptians.
Who knows, maybe Cleopatra rejuvenating and prettier using watercress.
Cress - Lepidium sativum L. - An annual herbaceous plant of the slightly spicy cabbage family with a stem up to 50-60 cm. Common names: perechnik, garden cress, hrenitsa, podhrennik, peppermint grass, lord salad.
Basal leaves pinnately dissected formoutlet. The upper leaves are intact. Often striped - blue and green. The flowers are pink, white and purple, white gathered in the inflorescence in the form of an elongated brush. Fruit - egg-shaped pod. Seeds almost smooth, slightly flattened, ovoid, yellowish-brown, light brown or reddish color.
Watercress has long been scattered across the world. In our country it is grown in the Far East, the Caucasus ... In the middle zone of Russia his many grown in the cottages.
In food, only fresh plant is used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes. So, you need to seize the moment and use it to season.
The greens watercress contains a large number ofVitamins B1, B2, K, C, carotene, rutin, mustard essential oil, sugar, protein, thiamine, riboflavin, trace elements - calcium, potassium, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus, sulfur, iodine, iron, ...
Medicinal properties of watercress enjoyed more great Hippocrates, who claimed that the watercress gives vitality and cleanses the blood.
Fresh watercress juice 3 times a day 1dessert spoon is used for loss of strength, anemia, anemia, high blood pressure, chronic fatigue, insomnia, to improve digestion, and in diseases of the upper respiratory tract, to improve appetite.
Experts say that if every day to eat watercress, sleeping pills are not necessary.
Eating watercress protects the body from the damaging effects of stress.
To strengthen the teeth and periodontal disease on a daily basis need to have young leaves of cress seeds germinated or watercress.
Pounded seeds of watercress mixed with oil and used in the edema.
Powder from seed in traditional medicine is used instead of mustard plasters.
In Ethiopia, watercress is grown as an oil plant. Its oil is used for food, and is used in soap making.
From fresh leaves make a mask for the face.
- A small bundle of lettuce washed, chopped,add water so that it barely covered the leaves and boil for 5 minutes. Cool and apply on face for 5 minutes. Wash off with water at room temperature. Especially this mask is useful polluted, ugristoy skin.
- For oily skin. 2 tbsp. spoons of crushed lettuce mix with 1 teaspoon honey and 1 egg white. Apply to the skin for 10-12 minutes. Wash off with water at room temperature.
- For normal skin. 10 lettuce grind to puree, add ½ teaspoon of olive oil and 5-10 drops of lemon juice. Hold for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm and then cool water.
- 2 tbsp. spoon turned into mush lettuce mix with 2 tbsp. spoons of sour milk. Apply on face for 10 minutes. The mask revitalizes paint the face and smoothes fine lines.
- For flaky skin. 4 lettuce leaves chop, add heavy cream so as to obtain a paste. Apply on face for 10-12 minutes. Rinse with warm water and wipe the skin with ice or cold water wash.