It is unlikely that there will be many people who in childhoodWe did not play in the sandbox. But, building sand castles, hardly anyone thinks of the children that they are, therefore, express their feelings and attitude toward the world. Today, scientists have developed a whole new trend - sand therapy, which helps not only to children but also adults.
Work with sand is often considered to be childrenmethods of self-knowledge in psychology. However, sand therapy experts say that working with adults, achieved much better results than with children. The psychological sandbox special environment. Where you can realize any of your secret dream, to look from side to life's problems and find a way out of them. The hands can create a new reality in which the owner - the person who creates a picture of the sand or small figurines.
The sand-like material is selected for therapyaccidentally. It is used for centuries by man for building and arrangement. Lying on the sand, a person is resting body and soul, feels a grain of sand in the universe. But creating hourglass shape, can feel themselves and the Creator. Playing with sand, a person experiences a great range of emotions, from feelings of loneliness to their awareness of inner strength. He moved to his childhood, when you could sit for hours in the sandbox, and no one is watching what he was doing there.
Room for art therapy isLarge comfortable room in which two sandboxes are. In one - the sand is dry, light yellow, in the second - soaked in water, so that man could build from it a figure. The bottom of the sandbox is painted blue to raking the sand, it was possible to depict the sky or water. In the room there are many shelves with a variety of figures: men, animals, monsters, train, trees, in a word everything that is necessary to create your own world in the territory of the sandbox.
Some therapists use no sandbox and sand trays, the bottom of which is also painted blue.
Sand therapy session
Already after the first session, see the therapeuticEffect. Through the construction of the sand man of the world masks the problem that worries him now. These concerns are sometimes not even aware of and identify them - a task the therapist. Good professionals need only look at the hourglass figure, and he sees the problem itself and its causes, and solutions.
After the work is finished with sand,It begins a discussion with a psychologist. Understands each figure, the expert points out that it means and how to change the situation. Gradually and very patient become clear his feelings and subconscious is configured to solve the problem.
When sand therapy is very important series of works. The first picture shows first the situations that occur in the external reality. And gradually, the following sessions appear the symbols that tell us about the internal experiences of the filmmakers. During the game comes with sand interaction of consciousness with deep layers of the unconscious psyche.
Advantages of the method
- A man looks at himself. And it really is useful, but it is difficult to do in everyday life. If the record on your video, it will be only visible appearance, but not the inner world. And with the help of sand therapy is precisely reflects the inner essence of man. The selection and placement of sand figure shows the internal state of a person.
- By creating a situation in the sand, a man he finds a way out of the difficulties, both internal and external. Sometimes you do not even need the help of a psychologist.
- Disclosure of the mystery of existence. Sitting on the beach as a child, the child builds a castle but a wave rolls and destroys his little creation. The child realizes that nothing in life is permanent. This castle is destroyed. But you can build a following. So in life there is nothing irreparable, the ruined simply gives way to the new. Repeatedly reliving the experience in working with sand, one reaches tranquility and balance.
- Classes with sand allows a person to develop creatively.
- Secure method of psychotherapy. Sand composition unlike paintings can not happen. Let it will not be a work of art, but add up together, the figures still create a nice composition. It is very important for those who are accustomed to strictly evaluate themselves. MipSovetov recommends sand therapy to those who find it difficult to express in words my feelings, because the man does not possess the eloquence or hurt him just to talk about it.
Contraindications sand therapy
This method of self-knowledge, there are contraindications:
- Children who have attention deficit disorder.
- People with epilepsy and schizophrenia.
- With a heightened sense of anxiety.
- In obsessional neurosis.
- People with allergies to dust and fine particles.
- When lung diseases.
- When skin diseases.
Sand therapy for children
The most common sand therapy is conducted for children. When a grain of sand games the child develops fine motor skills of hands, which in turn stimulates the baby's speech, his ability to read and write. And, most importantly, a world that the child builds on sand, can tell about his internal conflicts more than any inquiries. Because it is often difficult for young children to express their thoughts in words, but through the game a child "acts out" unpleasant situations and simply relieves stress.
By the sand therapy allowed children from three years old, who have such problems:
- conduct disorder;
- relationship problems with peers or adults;
- psychosomatic diseases;
- aggressiveness, fear, increased nervousness;
- difficulties that are associated with problems in family life. This can be the divorce of parents, the emergence of a younger child or moving;
Sand therapy also has a childtraining character. Drawing with sand on the board, he can learn numbers and letters, learning, where the right and which is left to develop their creative abilities. The Sandbox is a powerful development of tactile sensuality, dominates spatial visualization ability, trains memory and perception. The child learns to express their thoughts, ideas and feelings, reinforces knowledge about the world.
The sandbox can be carried out not onlyprivate lessons, but also the group. Thus, a person learns not only to be in the company, but also to interact with other people. Between the children arises emotional contact, they are familiar with, ask for help and offer his. Since playing with sand - a process enjoyable, the teamwork will be positive.
Each person requires a different number ofsand therapy sessions, to change and to change the attitude towards the world. Today the "sandbox" is used as an additional tool in art therapy, children's psychoanalysis, play therapy.