Dentures true for people almostall ages. It allows us to solve many problems, from the recovery of lost teeth, along with all of their functions to make the exterior aesthetic appearance. Modern dentistry has a large arsenal of various prosthetic devices, each of which can be applied in a specific individual case.
Briefly about dentures
MirSovetov found that denture calleda special design that helps to restore the appearance and the physiological properties of the dental system. The artificial implants replace previously lost or partially damaged real teeth and take the performance of their functions.
With the help of dentures can solve a number of problems:
- get rid of the discomfort caused by the absence of teeth;
- restore the attractive appearance of the facade of the dental and smile;
- establish the normal functioning of the jaws;
- resolve problems in the digestive tract caused by the poor quality of chewing food.
Modern medicine has many varieties of dentures, but they can be divided into 3 major groups:
- Removable constructions - they are fixed to the jaw plates and specific use in the case where the teeth in the mouth is almost gone.
- Fixed dentures are used whenmost of the teeth and left in place only a few missing individual elements. Fixed structure will also allow to restore the lost part of a tooth. Installation and removal of such prosthesis specialist.
- The implanted prostheses are implanted into the jawbone and act as tooth root, which is attached to the crown.
On healingandbodywork you will find detailed information about each of these types of dentures, their characteristics, classification and destination.
Removable structures there are many, let us consider them in more detail:
- Laminar prostheses are budgetand articles made of metal or plastic. This kind of product is obsolete, however, due to its low cost and it is available to low-income segments of the population. Prostheses of this type improves the ability to chew food and provide an opportunity to more clearly pronounce the sounds.
- Clasp dentures are made of metal, theyequipped with locking or fastening clasps on which the porcelain fixed prosthesis. The main advantages of these products are considered to be the strength, long life, compact size. Clasp design during installation are fixed on the healthy teeth.
- Partial denture clasp - cheaper products made of plastic. Such a prosthesis is fixed on a healthy tooth by means of metallic clasps.
- The prosthesis of nylon or silicone isadvanced design, highly flexible and subtlety. Such products do not need to be repaired, and durable enough in the process do not cause wearing discomfort.
- A full denture is applied in the case of absolute absence of teeth in the mouth and is fixed with special suction cups or adhesive pastes.
- Related denture is needed when you want to replace a lost tooth with a healthy neighborhood. The design of this type is mounted on a healthy cell.
- Immediate dentures are used temporarily aslong as a permanent prosthesis is in the process of manufacture. Such structures can be independently removed and put in place without the need for medical assistance.
Removable dentures are products on suckers, which, in turn, are divided into several types:
- Apron dentures are made from acrylic andequipped with silicone insert which is placed between the gum and the prosthesis surface. The insert helps to distribute the load that occurs in the process of chewing food.
- Nylon prostheses prescribed for those who are allergic to plastic. The advantage of nylon is that it did not accumulate plaque.
- Polyurethane implants are durable and long life, in addition, they are relatively cheap.
- Polypropylene prostheses are good, very fit snugly into the sky and do not change their position over time.
Fixed structure installed and removedOnly in the hospital with the help of a doctor to remove a prosthesis can not be yourself. Products of this type are designed to serve man throughout his life, or her long-term period. Fixed structure completely replace missing teeth, perform all their functions, and the load on the chewing of the food to be distributed directly prosthesis rather than on the gums.
Modern technologies allow to create as realistic prosthesis that visually distinguish them from real teeth is simply impossible. Fixed structure used in the following situations:
- for restoring dentition, in which no element 1-2;
- to replace the destroyed tooth caries;
- to give the original form of the damaged tooth;
- when the patient is suffering from elevated enamel abrasion.
Fixed dentures are divided into several varieties:
- Crowns are considered one of the most popular typesfixed prosthesis. They are made of different materials, depending on which are classified into following types: metal, ceramic, plastic, and metal-ceramic crowns mellokompozitnye. Sintered products are of superior strength and are able to last for about 15 years. Ceramic crowns also have as realistic view, that are almost indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- Bridges are a product,consisting of artificial teeth and crowns. Crowns are located on each side of the prosthesis, the teeth - in the middle. Such constructs may be set up only if the number of dental abutments are present, and it will account the load of chewing.
- Mikroprotezy installed where neededrestore a damaged tooth. They can make up for the lost part of a tooth or replace it completely. According to the functions and appearance of dentures can not be distinguished from the original.
Prostheses on implants
Iplanty in dentistry - it pinswhich are implanted into the jaw bone and serve as a support for attaching the crown. The implants are designed to be very long, sometimes they are set for life. The materials of which made the pins, hypoallergenic and quickly take root in the bone. Indications for implantation of prostheses are as follows:
- the absence of one tooth between healthy adjacent elements;
- destruction of the posterior side;
- the lack of support for fixing the bridge;
- Other reasons why you can not install a removable prosthesis.
Features prosthetics with edentulous
Edentulous - is a complete absence of teeth in the mouthcavity. This disease significantly impairs quality of life, interferes with normal chewing of food, it causes problems in the work of the gastrointestinal tract, the appearance changes for the worse. When dentists restore edentulous dentition by such means:
- fixed prosthesis on implants;
- complete removable structures made of acrylic;
- removable partial dentures;
- nylon products;
- clasp and bridges.
Patients with edentulous often setnon-removable metal-design, pre-implanted in the jaw at least 6 implants. In the complete absence of teeth and is allowed to use removable dentures, but in such a case it is necessary to take into account the state of the tissues of the mouth and overall health. These removable articles include removable acrylic dentures, nylon products, clasp design.