Excess hair on the legs for many women area big problem, which is eliminated in all possible ways. What then to speak about such disease as hirsutism. In this disease there is a failure in the endocrine system and, as a consequence, there are hair on the face, back, chest, abdomen and ears.
Causes of disease
Hirsutism sick 5% of the world populationamong women. The body begins to produce large amounts of androgens, or male sex hormones. They, in turn, affect the activity of the hair follicle. There are different forms of the disease: lungs, when the hair is almost invisible, and progressive, when the problem is so obvious, that confuses the woman and others. With milder forms of struggle with the help of medication, and heavy - the integrated approach. Typically, hirsutism appears accompanied by other endocrine problems, such as acne and disruption of the menstrual cycle.
Causes of illness:
- Increase the number of androgens in the female body. These hormones inherent men provoke increase hair growth, and strengthen hair pigmentation. With more than body hair acne appear, it becomes rougher voice, disturbed menstrual cycle.
- Increased insulin also triggers excessive production of male sex hormones. In this case, the woman begins to gain weight and may obese.
- Hormonal drugs, most often it is birth control pills or steroids.
- Tumors of the adrenal glands, ovaries, glandular tissue.
- Congenital adrenal glands.
- Polycystic ovary.
- Failures in the thyroid, insufficient amount of hormones in the body.
- A major role in the appearance of hirsutism is heredity, if the family has one of the women is sick with this disease, in the next generation of the risk of disease increases repeatedly.
The forms of hirsutism
In women, hirsutism may vary by type:
- Constitutional, the reason for its occurrence -heredity. In this case, the amount of androgen in the body and can be normal, and excess hair still present. Most often the disease occurs in women of certain ethnic groups, for example, in the eastern of the fair sex. Also, this type of hirsutism may occur during menopause, when there is a hormonal surge.
- Exogenous - the reason for its occurrence -artificial introduction into the body of male sex hormones in the treatment of diseases. If a pregnant woman is taking androgens, with a high probability she would have a child with hirsutism, infant genitalia or broken their structures may be underdeveloped. In addition, exogenous hirsutism can cause starvation and stress.
- Idiopathic, the reason for its occurrence - irregular menstrual cycle, when the body is not balanced by the number of peripheral androgen.
Diagnosis and treatment of diseases
To put the correct diagnosis when symptoms of hirsutism prescribe such assays:
- Check the content of testosterone in the blood, if it is high, it is possible in the body have tumors that further already detected by ultrasound or MRI.
- Check the concentration of dexamethasone, with an increase of acceptable values, we can talk about the problems of the adrenal cortex.
- Check the amount of blood dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, it can be an indicator of the active work of the adrenal glands.
- Cushing's syndrome do test for the presence of cortisol.
MirCovetov recommends not to let the disease atdrift, eliminating its consequences, and to treat its cause. hirsutism Treatment begins with medication, the woman is assigned an anti-androgen, which will reduce the body's amount of male sex hormones. The course of treatment usually lasts from three to six months, the dosage and the course appoints doctor. In conjunction with medication and are fighting with excessive body hair with the help of creams and ointments. These drugs treatment approximately 2 months, if not produced the desired effect, then make shots that slow the growth of hair. Remove from body hair in several ways:
- Shaving - The most popular method is painless and gives instant results. Less of this method is that you need to shave every day, and after the procedure, there is skin irritation.
- Cream for hair removal is designed for the face. But its ingredients often cause allergies, so not all fit. And in other areas of the body cream for hair removal may be ineffective.
- Waxing procedure is quite effective, but painful, it removes the hair and after they grow brittle and discolored. After the procedure, there is irritation.
- Electrolysis helps to cope with the problem,It considered effective, but long, because each hair follicle is treated. Therefore, the time to deal with the hair need a lot of money as well, because the procedure is done in salons. But experts have promised that the hair will fall out and no longer appear.
- Laser therapy is gaining more and more fans, although it does not guarantee that the hair will disappear forever.
But whatever method of getting rid of unwanted hair the patient would not have chosen, it must be only as a complement to the main course of treatment. Because hirsutism problem lies within.
Traditional methods of treatment of hirsutism
Traditional medicine is so rich that itthere are recipes from all diseases, including from hirsutism. To remove excess vegetation on the body, it is necessary to lubricate the problem area of green juice peel walnut, for this it needs to be cut into two halves. It is possible to treat and dry shell, before that it must be burned and the ashes diluted with water, applied to the skin covered with hair. To conduct the procedure takes a few a day.
In the postwar period was a popular methodgetting rid of unwanted hair on the legs: the skin is well steamed, then shampooed, take a pumice stone, and, moving in a circle, the hair removed. After the procedure, the skin should be well greased fat cream to avoid irritation. The course of treatment is as follows: first, once a week, then once every two weeks, then every three months.
To make the hair less noticeable, you need tohydrogen peroxide to remove the color, it must be mixed with detergent. After the hydrogen peroxide hairs become brittle, thin, colorless and slow down their growth. The solution must be applied to the skin for 20 minutes, and then rinse with warm water. It helps in the treatment of unwanted hairiness and broth dope. 200 grams of the root of this plant is necessary to grind in a meat grinder, add water and put on fire, let boil until it boiled down twice. Leave it to cool the broth, then strain and lubricate their hair. The best way to do data manipulation before bedtime. The broth can be prepared at once to a few times, and store it in the refrigerator.
Any home remedy you need to try to act first on a small area of skin to avoid allergic reactions.