For many centuries the inhabitants of the sunromantic Mediterranean coast traditional food keeps health, beauty, prolong life. This phenomenon has been thoroughly studied by physicians and nutritionists, after which they concluded that the recipes that are popular in these warm countries, and will be useful to other people.
Mediterranean cuisine is considered a perfect example of a varied, balanced, healthy food.
If you want to become thinner, look younger,improve their health, prevent a number of serious diseases with no sudden restrictions in the diet, the Mediterranean diet - that is exactly what we need. On her principles, characteristic features, the use of the individual components and the story goes in the article.
Features of the Mediterranean diet
The term "Mediterranean diet" was introducedMargaret and Ancel Keys in the fifties of the twentieth century. This is not the kind of instruction and system limitations and meeting the principles and dietary habits, which traditionally hold the inhabitants of countries located in the Mediterranean Sea. A popular diet began after it became clear that despite the fact that residents of southern France consume a lot of fat, cardiovascular diseases they suffer much less than Americans. healingandbodywork lead the main features of the inhabitants of the Mediterranean diet:
- a high proportion of vegetables, fruits, legumes, potatoes, seeds, nuts, cereals;
- daily use of olive oil as a salad dressing or for frying, stewing;
- preference is given to the fish (or seafood), meat (beef, lamb, pork) from the diet is not excluded, but is used much less frequently;
- often on the table is a bird (ostrich, chicken, goose), and eggs;
- preference is given to yoghurts, cheeses, in which a low fat content (feta, mozzarella, halloumi);
- in the diet are constantly local fruits, vegetables, greens, herbs;
- regularly used a small amount of red wine;
- sweets are possible, but not every day;
- optional active and rhythmic life.
How to switch to the Mediterranean diet?
Make the transition pretty easy. You do not have to go to Greece and take a ticket to one of the Mediterranean resorts. One need only examine the so-called "Mediterranean pyramid." It is based on foods that must be included in your daily diet. It cereals (mainly rice), bread, pasta (of coarse wheat), potatoes. Next important group - vegetables, legumes, fruits, nuts. Significance as olive oil, yogurt, cheese. Do not forget to include in the menu, poultry, fish, seafood, and eggs. But heavy meat cook once or twice a month. Every day, allowed a glass of red wine, if you want (this feature is optional). Water should drink about six glasses a day. It is not forbidden and sweet - but they indulge yourself often. The balance of power must be as follows:
- 60% are carbohydrates (breads, cereals, pasta, fruit, vegetables);
- 30% fat (of course, is mostly olive oil);
- 10% remains on the proteins (beans, peas, fish, meat).
Benefit for health
According to a recent French studyscientists, if you follow the Mediterranean diet for three months, then at 15% reduced risk of cardiovascular diseases. If you constantly adhere to a Mediterranean-type diet, the risk of these diseases is reduced by 33%, and the cancerous tumors - 24%. People are less likely to get sick with diabetes, hypertension, atherosclerosis, Alzheimer's disease. But Spanish scientists during his long-term study found that the Mediterranean diet can prevent the development of depression. It is believed that this is due to the fact that the products used in this diet, contribute to the production of serotonin. And the action of many antidepressants and purports to retain more of serotonin in the brain.
The basic principles and tips
- Replace you use butter,margarine and other fats with olive oil containing monounsaturated fat. The fact that increase the protective properties monozhiry organism prevent occurrence of layers in the vessel wall of "harmful" cholesterol.
- Get plenty of vegetables - olives, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, zucchini, onions, garlic. Mediterraneans eat per day from 0.5 to 1 kg of different types of vegetables.
- Encouraged greens - salad Rocket, Watercress, spinach, basil, rosemary, thyme.
- Four times a week eat fish (tuna,sardines, mackerel, halibut, trout) - a source of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids protect against heart disease, retina cancer, strengthen the brain and nerve tissue.
- Legumes contain plenty of protein (building material), carbohydrates, dietary fiber.
- Nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashews), added to a snack, make it nutritious, tasty and useful.
- Moderate consumption of wine. Women in the day you can enjoy a glass of wine (it is 125 ml), and a man - two such glasses. These doses are useful agents due to protect from atherosclerotic plaque, tumor cells, viral and bacterial infections, thrombus, Alzheimer disease, high blood pressure.
- Lemons, limes and other citrus representatives nourish the body with vitamin C and other, volatile, trace elements, limonoids (cholesterol-lowering).
- Yogurt, low-fat cheese, cheese, yogurt will provide the body with calcium, in order to strengthen the teeth and bones.
- Eat calmly, slowly, carefully prozhёvyvayte food - saturation occurs faster intestine will work better.
- Carbohydrates desirable to select at breakfast and proteinsleave for dinner. Then the energy enters the body with carbohydrates, not postponed as fat in reserve, and consumed throughout the day. Europeans exclude wheat and semolina from your diet. Of other cereals porridge on the water, do not add butter, sweetening pieces of fruit, honey.
- For breakfast and dinner you can eat pastaproducts, but preference is given to those that are made from wheat varieties. If you want to lose weight, then potatoes and rice before cooking is sure to soak in cold water in order to reduce the starch content.
- Eat a lot of fruits during the day, but grapes, melon, watermelon, bananas only in small quantities.
- If you just want to feel better, eatthree times a day. But slimming foods are divided into five receptions, but in small portions. Moreover, lunch and afternoon tea should be submitted to a light meal.
- From diet excluded steaks, hamburgers, fried meat much.
Cakes, cookies, cakes - only in small quantities.
In the days of dropping weight refuse mayonnaise, salty dishes, cold cuts, reduce the consumption of honey, dried fruit, bread, potatoes.
To observe the basic principles of the Mediterraneandiet is not difficult. If you wish to be healthy, with no extra fat deposits in the abdomen, chin, thighs, you can do without excessive fatty foods, low-grade cheap pasta. Adjust your diet and lifestyle, you will get a reward many years of health and disease-free.
healingandbodywork warns that ifcompliance with a Mediterranean diet the weight will go away slowly, but steadily. So do not be upset and every day expected that the weight of indicators will fall sharply. In any case, the benefits of such a scheme you will certainly get the power, just be patient. And do not forget about the gym, fitness classes.