1. In Portugal, the rain is a good reason not to go to work.
2. Rain was the cause of the radio weather forecasts. When the American owner of the radio station is exposed to rain, he established a new category of weather forecast, that told me about the rain several times a day.
3. The game of darts appeared because of rain. Once the archers in the competition caught in the rain. Going to a bar, they started throwing shortened arrows at a target on the wall.
4. In fact, there is no smell of rain. The aroma that we refer to the smell of rain, in fact, isolated actin and cyanobacteria. The substance, which gives the smell of rain is called geosmin.
5. Residents of Uganda does not scare thunder, t. To. In a country with a rain storm is 250 times per year.
6. A pair of residents synchronize watches in the rain, as the showers every day are at the same time.
7. In the arid Bostsvane people greet pool word that means & laquo; rain & raquo ;, as the national currency in the country is also called & laquo; rain & raquo ;.
8. In Cuba, it rains only during a siesta, and Thailand - only at night.
9. In the XVII century in the UK passed a law about rain, according to which an incorrect prediction of rain forecaster executed.
10. A person can stay in the rain completely dry, if it is in the desert. In fact there are rains in the desert, but it is impossible to know about the rain because drops just does not get to the ground, evaporating under the influence of hot air.
eleven. All phrases of Hydrometeorological Center of the rain have a specific meaning. For example, in the phrase & laquo; intermittent rain & raquo; meaning that the length of the rain will not be more than 3 hours. The phrase & laquo; will rain & raquo; It means the duration of the rain for at least half a day. The phrase & laquo; without significant rainfall & raquo; does not mean that the rain is not, it means that rain fall is not greater than 0.3 liters per square meter.
12. City Cherrapunji (India) - the wettest in the world. During the year there falls 26 460 mm of rain.
13. The acidity of normal rain - a pH of 5.6. If the acidity level below what is called acid rain. At pH 5.5 the rain kills bacteria and insects are killed at 4.5, amphibians and fish.
14. Uaynsberg town, Ohio, on July 29 of every year is certainly rain, it lasts for a hundred years.
15. Today, we can arrange artificial rain. The particles of dry ice thrown from the plane directly to the cumulus cloud. In a cloud of carbon dioxide is enveloped with water and falls as a snowflake on the road heating and turning into rain. Thus, it is possible to deal with drought and dissipate the clouds.
16. Each year, the land shed 519,000 km3 of rain (every km3 - a billion tons of water).
17. About one in a hundred million people suffer from allergies in the rain. Any impact on the skin of water causes redness, swelling, and the rain from getting such people may die.
18. In San Francisco, the weather station reports about rain with a degree of probability, for example, 4/6. Just 10 local meteorologists vote on whether or not the rain, and the result is announced to the audience that here & laquo; relative & raquo; form.
19. The heaviest hailstones rained from the sky in Gopalganj 14.04.1986. Weight of one hailstone exceeded 1 kg, of this & laquo; a rain & raquo; killed 92 people.
20. The rainiest places on the planet are experiencing a shortage of water in the winter. When the rainy season comes so arid winter that residents have to buy water in other cities.