Probably everyone at least once in life was gettingsuperficial injuries of varying severity. Fortunately, our skin is able to regenerate quickly, so most minor cuts, burns and other wounds disappear without a trace. But the most profound damage to leave a mark, not only in our memory, but also on the body. In this article we will talk about the scars, as well as ways to address them.
What is a scar
Scars, in medical terminology calledscars - this surface formations on the skin that appear as a result of various injuries of mechanical, thermal or inflammatory. Scars arise when the wound healing process is covered by connective tissue. In severe cases, scarring - is not only cosmetic, but also a psychological problem. In people who have similar markings in conspicuous places, such as on the face, there may be complexes about their appearance. Doctors, dermatologists and cosmetologists surgeons are called to help their patients to solve this problem.
If the damage affected only the upper layerthe skin, the epidermis, after the wound healing is no trace, as a rule does not remain. The fact that the cells of the basal layer of the epidermis beautifully restored throughout life. But when a cut or other injury touched a deep layer, the dermis, the damaged area is delayed by granulation tissue, which later becomes a scar. Note that the scarring process is of two kinds:
- The physiological. In this case, the wound heals without complications, in its place is formed a small scar, which gradually fades and shrinks, becoming virtually invisible with time.
- Pathological. Sometimes the wound healing process is going wrong, with the result that can form large visible scar, often red or bluish color. Generally, the pathological process factors are:
- long-term capacity of the epithelium on the damaged site;
- presence of inflammation in the wound;
- tension in skin trauma;
- genetic predisposition.
The effectiveness of scar treatment depends largely on thetype and how long they were formed on the body. Unfortunately, to get rid of scars completely is virtually impossible, but an experienced doctor will help improve the appearance of skin defect and make it less noticeable.
Normal wound healing with subsequent formation of scar physiological occurs in three stages. Let's look at them in detail:
- Fibroblast period lasts about one month, at which time the formation of new connective tissue cells - fibroblasts.
- Fibrous step involves the appearance of the collagen fibers in the rumen.
- From about 35 to 42 days from the date of applicationinjury lasts hyaline stage. At this time, the final scar formation, the amount of blood vessels and connective tissue cells in the injured site is reduced.
MirSovetov identified two types of scarring that may occur as a result of a physiological process:
- Normotroficheskie scars - a mark thatThey are flush with the surrounding epidermis color they practically do not differ from the rest of the skin. These scars do not cause discomfort to treat them surgically does not make sense. But if such a scar is somewhere in a prominent place and people want to correct the situation, chemical peels or microdermabrasion procedure will help make the scar is almost invisible.
- Atrophic scars - it is education thatbelow the level of the surrounding epidermis. They tend to be pale in color and characterized by loose surface. A striking example of atrophic scars are the so-called stretch marks. Beauty salons and clinics provide a range of services for the removal or correction of such defects.
Earlier we talked about the fact that abnormal scars can occur as a result of various complications that have arisen in the process of wound healing. These types of skin lesions are also divided into 2 types:
- Hypertrophic scars are raised look, theylocalized within the injured area of the skin and are able to regress for a long time, for about 2 years. Color hypertrophic scars tend light pink, moreover, these defects can be treated well. Optimum results can be achieved by surgical intervention, but the small size scars can be adjusted by means of chemical peels, electro- or phonophoresis and hormones by introducing directly to the scar.
- Keloids come in various shapes, for example,in the form of a star, fans or intersecting lines. They sharply protrude above the surface of the skin, characterized by bright colors and have the ability to grow and recur after treatment. Among other things, keloid formation can deliver a man physical discomfort: pain, itching or burning. Eliminate or correct these scars are the hardest.
How to get rid of scars
It is known that starting a scar treatment should beIt can be used, the best since the injury. To avoid the development of the pathological process, the wound should be well rounded disinfecting agents. When the crust is formed on the skin, it should not be tearing, better to wait for the complete healing of the wound.
If the injury hurt the deep layers of the skin, to avoid scarring is unlikely to succeed. But with the right and timely approach can minimize the symptoms of the scar, making it not so noticeable.
Modern medicine and cosmetology offermany ways in which it is possible if not eliminate the scars that make them less visible. Let's look at the most popular and effective ways to help get rid of scars:
- Laser therapy. This treatment involves removing the surface layer of the epidermis using a special laser. After this procedure, in place of the damaged skin grows a new cover, resulting in smaller scars disappear completely, and large become almost invisible. Laser therapy is considered to be highly effective, but it is not necessary to use a dark-skinned people.
- Dermabrasion is a fairlyinvasive procedure, during which the doctor spends polishing the surface layer of the skin with the help of special tools. Manipulation itself takes little time, but the recovery period lasts more than one day. At the time of building the new epidermis patient prescribed pain medicine, special creams and ointments, as well as recommend a stay at home for as long as the crust on the wound is not fully come. This period can last for several weeks.
- Injection methods eliminate scarsinvolve administration to the skin scars of specific products. In the case of pathological formations steroids used to help reduce scar sizes. Atrophic correcting defects by introducing the skin collagen, hyaluronic acid or fat. Note that to get rid of scars in a way impossible for maintenance procedures will have to be repeated periodically.
- Skin Transplantation used in the casewhen damage has affected a very large plot. For example, if a large area burns hurt epidermis prizhivlyayut healthy cells in place of the affected tissues. This operation is done only in the hospital for plastic surgery specialists.
- To correct for small size scarringdermatologist may prescribe a special cream or ointment. If you start such treatment in the early stages of the formation of the scar - it is possible to make almost imperceptible defect.
Folk remedies for the treatment of scars
- Tube baby cream squeeze out a suitablecontainer and add the 2-3 g of natural mummy. Mix the ingredients until mumie not yet completely dissolved. The resulting composition is applied to the area of scars twice daily, leaving the mixture for half an hour. This tool is best suited for the removal of superficial atrophic scars such as stretch marks.
- Grate nutmeg on a fine grater, measure1 tbsp. l. and mix it with 2 tbsp. l. honey. Apply this composition on a thin layer of scars, and keep at least 15-20 minutes. Repeat morning and evening.
- Dilute blue clay with water to getcomposition, consistency similar to thick cream. Spread the mixture on the affected skin and allow to fully dry clay. Then rinse with warm water.