Whenever a tooth ache, each of usinvoluntarily slips thought: "But you can avoid it!". And each time we do our best to come up with a decent excuse for his fear of dentists. Meanwhile, there is a procedure to strengthen the teeth and pain that you do not take, and will reduce the number of your visits to the dentist.
Healthy enamel - a guarantee that decay toyour teeth does not get. The conclusion is obvious: that the teeth do not hurt, you need to strengthen the enamel! And it will help to make the procedure fluorination of teeth (one voice prompt dentists). Especially relevant is this preventative measure for people with sensitive teeth.
Fluoridation of teeth fits all: both adults and children. Convincing testimony to further strengthen enamel doctors believe hypersensitivity (thin and weak on the nature of the enamel) and the lack of fluoride and calcium in the body, which sooner or later will begin to tooth decay.
The reasons for the destruction of enamel
Conventionally, the factors contributing to the development of caries, divided into four groups:
- Excessive consumption of foods rich in acids (citrus soda, pickle) - they "undermine" the acid-alkaline balance in the mouth.
- The vital activity of pathogenic bacteria that produce lactic acid, which contributes to the rapid thinning of the enamel.
- Mechanical abrasion of the enamel, which occurs when aggressive brushing. The cause mechanical damage to the teeth can also be a malocclusion.
- Violation of the thyroid gland works.
In the presence of at least one of the above factors, fluoride deficiency in the body only speeds up the process of destruction of enamel.
Fluoridation of teeth: what is the secret?
The soft tissue of the tooth is securely hidden undermultilayer hard shell consisting of cement, enamel and dentine. These components make the coating itself dental hard tissue of the human body. But if the body is not received sufficient amounts of vitamins and minerals (especially calcium and fluorine), Toothbrush "armor" gradually begins to soften. Enamel demineralization progresses rapidly, making the teeth fertile porous soil for propagation and functioning of bacteria that cause tooth decay.
fluorine ions - that is the building material,whereby the enamel becomes reliable protection for teeth. During the procedure, using fluorinated fluids and lacquers: their active ingredients, Fluorides make teeth low sensitivity to the influence of the acidic environment and suppress the vital activity of pathogenic bacteria on the enamel surface.
Types of fluoridation
If you are seriously thinking about strengthening teeth by fluorination, information on options for the procedure will not be superfluous for you.
- Treatment of fluoride varnish. The basis of the fluoride varnish up cedar balsam and sodium fluoride. Mandatory preparatory stage of this type of fluorination is a teeth cleaning. After thorough cleaning the enamel surface specialist handles special teeth fluoride varnish and dries the jet of warm air. You need to go 4 sessions (1 session per week) to secure the effect. The protective properties of the fluorine-containing agents are stored up to six months.
- Express procedure. The preparatory stage of the fluorination - making for the individual patient mouthguard (wax-up of the teeth). Doctor mouthguard jelly filling agent for fluorination and puts it on the patient's teeth for 10 - 15 minutes. To cover the enamel resistant protective layer, you will need 10 sessions. Typically, the first session is held in the clinic, the rest time required number of teeth of the patient processes independently. The main advantage of mouthguards is that it can be used several courses in succession.
- Deep fluoridation of teeth. After a complete mechanical cleaning of micro-cracks in the enamel of the teeth doctor fills microcrystals fluoride agents. Then teeth coated with a solution saturated with calcium and magnesium fluoride. After the solution has dried, the specialist handles enamel copper calcium hydroxide, which is a catalyst for the reaction, triggering the formation of microcrystals. Copper only strengthens the barrier that protects the teeth from caries. Experience shows that deep fluoridation of teeth is much more effective simple method.
- Electrophoresis. Fluoride ions enter the tooth tissue by means of electrodes. The procedure differs a long-term effect.
Fluoridation: Is there a risk?
Despite all the advantages of the procedure areand opponents of fluoridation of teeth. Excess fluoride in the body causes fluorosis disease, and some mistakenly believe that it fluoridation can cause this disease. Far from it: fluorosis - an endemic origin of the disease, which is most common in areas where the water is oversaturated with fluorine. Procedure teeth fluoridation, even deep, presents no danger to children or for pregnant women.
Strengthening of the enamel in children
The normal formation of the child's teeth directlyIt depends on the amount of fluorine in the body. Deficiency of this trace element can cause tooth decay, even in childhood. To prevent damage to the enamel in children, dentists recommend that parents choose for their children a comprehensive system to strengthen teeth by using fluorination procedures. By the way, Europeans can boast that their children are familiar with virtually no tooth decay, while in every second child in our country between the ages of 8 to 12 years, experts discover various lesions of dental enamel.
Depending on the degree of tooth neglectdentist may prescribe a child is not only simple, but also a deep fluoridation. Artificial fluorine saturation of enamel hardness increases several times and reduces its sensitivity to external stimuli.
There is an alternative procedure for fluorinationteeth - silver, which is also very well protects the enamel from unwanted acquaintances with caries. Baby teeth dentist covers the thin layer containing silver solution. However, we must remember that the silvering technique - not a cure, but only a temporary measure, which for a certain period "cans" caries in the early stages. Silver-plating - a simple and painless method that does not leave a child unpleasant memories.
How do you know whether the enamel of your teeth need to strengthen?
First of all, ask yourself these questions:
- How much my teeth react to cold or hot food? I feel uncomfortable when I eat ice cream or drink a hot drink?
- I feel pain when brushing my teeth?
- No I have disturbing indications that in the near future will amaze tooth decay (it's dark yellow enamel painful areas near the gums)?
If at least one of these questions with youconfidence can give a positive answer, you should seriously think about how to help your teeth to resist various diseases and tooth decay in particular.
And finally MirCovetov shares with his readers a very interesting facts:
- caries always "settles" in that part of the tooth that is most loses fluorine;
- enamel strengthening fluorination procedure 10 times;
- more than half of children are chronically suffer fluoride deficiency;
- fluoride included in the list of 14 most essential body trace elements.