Probably, almost everyone is faced with the problem of swelling - for example, feet or face. But how many know that the cause of persistent edema can be a serious disease?
The human body - is unique in its characteristics and possible mechanisms, operate and manage a modern man who is just learning.
Just watch him, you can understand a lot about the work of the body. Any little thing can tell a lot about our mood, desires, and, of course, about our health.
If you take all describe, you get a lot ofvery heavy volumes, probably not very relevant. After all, every body reacts differently to the same stimulus. But there are general laws by which we can understand what kind of information your body is trying to tell you.
Today we look at the phenomenon of swelling. There is hardly any person who has not experienced them in my life - at bruises and injuries produced local edema, swelling of the legs in the evening from exhaustion, which is more characteristic of women, swelling of the face with the lack of sleep ...
When and why there swelling
There are several reasons that can cause this:
- An increase in vascular permeability of the membrane;
- Reduction of the protein content in the blood, and electrolytes, thereby reducing the osmotic pressure and the fluid retained in cease vessels.
Characteristically for kidney damage, when the protein passes into the urine and reducing its content in the blood, or to damage to the liver when protein synthesis is disturbed. It can also occur during fasting;
- Disruption of the venous valve system: When venous blood is not the correct speed and in a sufficient amount to move to the heart, its stagnation occurs and the excess water simply ejected outside the receptacles.
This type of edema is characteristic of varicose disease and explains the occurrence of edema is in the lower parts of the body where blood hardest to move upward;
- Lymphoedema caused by the influx of lymph toplace of injury or occurs in lesions or removal of lymphatic vessels, impaired lymphatic drainage (as it is formed in all tissues and is composed mainly of interstitial fluid, it carries out "cleansing" of the body decay products from tissues).
This lymph edema often occur in trauma, infection and inflammation. Cellulite - is also a problem caused by stagnation of lymph in the tissues;
- Neurogenic edema occurs in lesions of the nerve fibers, when the vessels receive incorrect information about the need to increase or decrease the permeability of the vascular wall;
- In inflammation, allergy or traumatic tissue accumulation of osmotically active substances which "sucks" the fluid out of the vascular bed.
When traumatic tissue edema is compensatory in nature, and is not only one of the symptoms of defeat.
The liquid leaving the vessels, increasesthe distance between the cells and capillaries, reduces the amount of oxygen suitable to the cells, and thus slows metabolic processes in the tissues, preventing the development of severe local reactions, which would inevitably lead to the development of cell death and tissue necrosis.
However, during prolonged anoxia swelling itself causes irreversible degenerative (destructive) process;
- A violation of cardiac activity, when the speed of the blood pump is broken, the blood stagnates in the tissues and plasma surplus pushed out of the vessel.
Swelling as a consequence of disease
In addition, the swelling that are different according to the mechanism of its origin, they differ in the place of localization.
Despite the abundance of the causes and mechanisms of edema usually be in form of swelling and other symptoms of suspected pathology is a body that is caused by a swelling of:
- Renal edema often appear on the face, accompanied by skin pallor. As a rule, it is loose edema, permanently preserving the trace of the press. There are morning and subside in the evening;
- Cardiac edema characteristic of the abdomen, genitalorgans and legs, may be accompanied by shortness of breath, cyanosis (cyanosis) of the lips, fingers, feet and hands, swelling of the neck veins. By the morning can completely disappear, worse in the evening;
- With the defeat of the veins - swelling in the legs, accompanied by pain in the legs, feeling of heaviness in them, swelling of the lower limbs, feet reddening, and there are increasing throughout the day;
- Hepatic ascites edema occur(Accumulation of fluid in the abdomen) and swelling of the anterior abdominal wall. Accompanied by the appearance of spider veins on the abdomen, itching and jaundice Skin and mucous membranes;
lymphostasis can be anywhere on the body, but more common in the extremities. It differs from swelling so that the pressure-sensitive pit is not formed;
- Swelling in the joints may indicate a pronounced or rheumatism arthritis;
- Allergic edema can be local, in place of the skin or mucous contact with the allergen, and generalized, when the whole organism is involved in the process.
The most common variety of the latter - angioedema manifested facial swelling, lips, neck, able to lead to asphyxia and respiratory arrest.
Allergiecheskie swelling may be accompanied by a rash and itchy skin. If allergy is produced histamine and serotonin, increasing capillary permeability and lead to edema.
Besides external edema and swelling exist viscera. Pulmonary edema - this is the most terrible kind of edema, in which there is a real threat to life from suffocation.
In the lungs, fluid may accumulate in severe cardiovascular disease, with severe pneumonia and bronchitis, in case of injuries.
When pulmonary edema patient requires emergency hospitalization. To suspect it may be intensified by shortness of breath, foam breath, cough with foamy sputum, wheezing noisy breathing.
Edema - is not always a signal pathology. It can occur in healthy individuals. For example, swelling of the ankles in the evening, especially the ladies, wearing shoes with heels, swelling of the face in the morning after excessive consumption of fluid and salt before, swelling around the eyes after crying, swelling in the hot season.
Swelling in pregnancy - is a separate line,standing between pathology and norm. There are several mechanisms of their development - a violation of water-salt balance in the body of the pregnant woman and the compression of the lymphatic and venous vessels growing uterus, obstructing the outflow of fluid from the lower parts of the body.
When edema of any location and from any source is recommended to see a doctor immediately.
When cardiac, renal, and hepatic venous edema effective action will receive diuretics.
In allergic and inflammatory edema - receiving allergy (antihistamine) drugs. When arthritis and arthrosis - receiving anti-inflammatory drugs.
But do not forget that the swelling in itself - it is not a disease, but only a consequence, and we must treat the underlying disease. A competent treatment can be prescribed only by the doctor.
Good luck and let the problem of tight shoes in the evening and did not open my eyes in the morning will never touch you and your loved ones!