Cracks on the heels of a very familiar to many, they canappear at any moment: in the winter and in the summer, people of all ages. They carry with them the danger of infection, deliver immense discomfort when walking and wearing shoes. Today we offer to deal with the causes and treatments of cracks on the heels.
Causes of cracks on the heels
Doctors point out several possible causes of painful cracks:
- fungal infections;
- wrong metabolism;
- the wrong skin care;
- endocrine disease;
- walking barefoot on the ground or on sand.
First of all it is necessary to pay attention tohow you care for your heels. Under improper care often means it is excessive friction heels and too frequent removal of hard skin. It is also unacceptable to use the machine for shaving by removing hard skin. Regularly, but not often, to remove hardened skin particles feet and do not forget to moisturize it.
If you often walk barefoot in the sand or earth,it is important to give the legs a little more attention. Steamed skin and gently with a pumice stone, remove any roughness. Do not overdo it, otherwise the skin will not be updated to keep pace and eventually begin to grow even faster.
If you visit a beauty salon and pedicure youSpecialists should be borne in mind that in between visits, heels skin also requires care. Be sure to use moisturizing and softening cream for heels and occasionally wipe the skin with a pumice stone, but not Strive hard.
If you believe that caring for the skin heelsright and cracks still appear, especially if they are deep and painful, it is best to consult a doctor. First of all, pay a visit to the dermatologist, he will conduct the necessary examinations and identify from which area your problem. Most likely, your skin is struck by a fungal infection, your doctor will prescribe the necessary medicines and ointments. Do not expect that the treatment will be quick, as a rule, the fungus is displayed for a long time and it is advisable to treat all family members. If the problem is not the nature of dermatological, then most likely, you will be directed to the endocrinologist.
Not endangered cracked heels can bewarning sign of diabetes. Also pay attention to your diet, if it is wrong, it probably disturbed metabolism (which, incidentally, may subsequently lead to diabetes). Lack of vitamins is also one of the causes of severe cracks on the heels.
Treatment of fractures
If you believe that you crackHeel is not due to internal health problems, you eat right, wear comfortable shoes and do not walk barefoot, you can try to work on your skin heels outward. But we should remember that you should not expect instant results from the treatment.
There are two ways of treatment at home. But whatever choice is best to discuss with a specialist - a dermatologist or beautician.
- In pharmacies sold a lot of good todaymeans on care heels. This flows from the cracks and softening creams and ointments and moisturizing. Their use, along with the proper skin care will help to get a great result.
- In folk medicine, there are a thousand and one recipe for skin softening and healing and removal of cracks on the heels. MirCovetov offers get acquainted with each of these methods.
By the way, during treatment do not forget to continuewatch your diet, your diet should include lots of raw fruits and vegetables, if this is not possible, eat vegetables cooked in a double boiler. Also be sure to watch out for the water balance. Water helps the skin recover faster, be flexible.
Treatment in the traditional way
Choose a course, you do, but first of all weoffer to pay attention to is not very expensive for the treatment of cracked heels. Most often, this is a long-tested ointments and creams, which have proved themselves well, and they are unlikely to something inferior to expensive tools.
Be sure to buy ointment for cracked heels,which has a healing effect. By the way, great heals small and large cracks regular ointment for hemorrhoids. The main thing is to properly use these ointments. Before the first use of steam out of their legs and rub with pumice. Thoroughly wash with soap, so that cracks no dirt remains, otherwise you risk to bring an infection. Then apply your chosen tool for cracks, wear cotton socks and go to bed. On the morning of the legs need to be washed again.
Remember that in the summer you can use a pumice stone is not more than 1 time per week in the winter, this period may be extended to 10-14 days.
You can also use anti-fungalointments, but use them strictly according to the recipe: not to extend or shorten the life of the treatment on their own. For further prevention Be sure to use an emollient cream, based on aloe or glycerin: Apply it every time after taking a bath or shower.
Recipes of traditional medicine
As mentioned above, there is a hugemany recipes of traditional medicine to help soften the skin of the feet. We offer the most simple, containing the common ingredients.
- Apple cider vinegar is an excellent tool in the fightwith crack, overdried skin. To do this, mix it with water in a ratio of 1: 1, soak it in cheesecloth and apply it on foot. By the way, if you do not just crack the heel, and toes, and it is possible to put a remedy them. If the cracks are deep, get ready for what will be a little pinching. Now wrap the legs with a bandage on top polyethylene wear socks, always made of natural fabrics, and go to bed. In the morning wash the skin of the feet and soften fat cream.
- The pharmacy buy glycerol and ammonia. Mix them in a proportion of 1: 1. On steaming skin of the feet, apply a little bit of the resulting liquid, put on socks and go to bed. The treatment of cracks on the heels up to 14 days, in very severe cases - up to 21 days. Do not forget to moisturize the skin softening cream.
- Glycerin is a general panacea for the treatment ofrough skin heels. Buy a vial of glycerin in a pharmacy and add vinegar to it that the bubble was full to the brim. This proportion will suffice. Now apply the mixture on your feet every night. The treatment of cracked heels may take several weeks.
- Very effective sea salt. From it you can do nightly bath. About the procedure should be for two weeks. Pumice stone during this time, use no more than three times. There is also a sea salt can add baking soda, it will speed up the healing of shallow and deep wounds. After the bath can be applied to any of the above means.
- Very effective poultice of honey and leafcabbage. To do this, lubricate the rough skin with honey, apply on top of a cabbage leaf, fix a compress bandage and leave overnight. It is best to make a compress on the skin of the legs steamed.
Whatever it was, cracked heels, though unpleasant, but using persistence and a bit of knowledge, it is possible to defeat them. The main thing is not to leave anything to chance.